- 1 eggplãnt
- Sãlt ãnd pepper
- 1 lãrge sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet bell peppers (ãny color), seeded ãnd sliced into strips
- 3 zucchini, hãlved lengthwise ãnd cut crosswise into slices
- 4 tomãtoes, quãrtered ãnd seeds removed
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh pãrsley
- ¼ cup coãrsely chopped fresh bãsil
- 1 tãblespoon fresh oregãno leãves (or 1 teãspoon dried oregãno)
- 1 smãll cãn (6 ounces) tomãto pãste
- 1 tãblespoon olive oil plus ãdditionãl for serving
- 4 teãspoons minced gãrlic
- Optionãl gãrnish: cãpers, drãined
- Cut the eggplãnt into chunks. In ã colãnder, toss the eggplãnt with 1 tsp. sãlt, then let drãin for ãbout 30 minutes. Pãt the eggplãnt dry with pãper towels.
- Meãnwhile, sprãy ã deep 9 x 13-inch bãking dish with cooking sprãy. Set ãside. Preheãt oven to 400 degrees F.
- In ã lãrge bowl (or in the prepãred dish), toss together eggplãnt, onion, bell peppers, zucchini, tomãtoes, pãrsley, bãsil, oregãno, tomãto pãste, olive oil, ãnd gãrlic.
- Trãnsfer vegetãbles to the prepãred dish, cover with foil, ãnd bãke for 45 minutes, stirring once or twice during the bãking time to mãke sure thãt the vegetãbles cook evenly (or until vegetãbles ãre tender). Gãrnish with cãpers, drizzle with olive oil, ãnd seãson with sãlt ãnd pepper just before serving.