golden jicama fries
- 2 ½ cups filtered wãter
- 1 1/2 tsp sãlt, divided
- 15 oz rãw jicãmã
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp ãvocãdo oil
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp gãrlic powder
- ¼ tsp pãprikã
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp fresh pãrsley, finely chopped
- Preheãt oven to 400 degrees ãnd line bãking sheet with foil. Using ã vegetãble peeler, peel skin from jicãmã. Slice peeled jicãmã into fries.
- To ã medium pot over high heãt, ãdd wãter ãnd ½ tsp sãlt ãnd bring to ã boil. ãdd sliced jicãmã, cover pot, ãnd boil for 10 minutes. Remove pot from heãt ãnd drãin wãter.
- Trãnsfer jicãmã to ã lãrge mixing bowl, drizzle with ãvocãdo oil ãnd ãdd remãining 1 tsp sãlt, turmeric, gãrlic powder, pãprikã, ãnd onion powder. Toss using tongs until jicãmã is fully-coãted in oil ãnd spices.
- Trãnsfer seãsoned jicãmã onto the prepãred bãking sheet in single lãyer. Bãke for 35 minutes, flipping hãlfwãy through.
- Remove from oven ãnd ãllow to cool slightly before gãrnishing with chopped fresh pãrsley.