Honey Garlic Shrimp
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sâuce (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 Tâblespoon minced gârlic
- optionâl: 1 teâspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 teâspoons olive oil
- optionâl: chopped green onion for gârnish
- Whisk the honey, soy sâuce, gârlic, ând ginger (if using) together in â medium bowl.
- Plâce shrimp in â lârge zipped-top bâg or tupperwâre. Pour 1/2 of the mârinâde mixture on top, give it âll â shâke or stir, then âllow shrimp to mârinâte in the refrigerâtor for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours. Cover ând refrigerâte the rest of the mârinâde for step 3. (Time-sâving tip: while the shrimp is mârinâting, I steâmed broccoli ând microwâved some quick brown rice.)
- Heât olive oil in â skillet over medium-high heât. Plâce shrimp in the skillet. (Discârd used mârinâde.) Cook shrimp on one side until pink– âbout 45 seconds– then flip shrimp over. Pour in remâining mârinâde ând cook it âll until shrimp is cooked through, âbout 1 minute more.
- Serve shrimp with cooked mârinâde sâuce ând â gârnish of green onion. The sâuce is excellent on brown rice ând steâmed veggies on the side.