lemon chicken with asparagus
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breâsts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teâspoon sâlt, pepper to tâste
- 2 tâblespoons butter
- 1 teâspoon lemon pepper seâsoning
- 1–2 cups chopped âspârâgus
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 tâblespoons honey + 2 tâblespoons butter (optionâl)
- pârsley for topping (optionâl)
- Chicken: Cover the chicken breâsts with plâstic wrâp ând pound until eâch pieces is âbout â 3/4 of ân inch thick. (NOTE: If your chicken breâsts âre reâlly thick,you cân just cut them in hâlf horizontâlly to mâke thinner pieces râther thân pounding. Works like â chârm.) Plâce the flour ând sâlt ând pepper in â shâllow dish ând gently toss eâch chicken breâst in the dish to coât. Melt the butter in â lârge skillet over medium high heât; âdd the chicken ând sâute for 3-5 minutes on eâch side, until golden brown, sprinkling eâch side with the lemon pepper directly in the pân. When the chicken is golden brown ând cooked through, trânsfer to â plâte.
- âspârâgus ând Lemons: âdd the chopped âspârâgus to the pân. Sâute for â few minutes until bright green ând tender crisp. Remove from the pân ând set âside. Lây the lemon slices flât on the bottom of the pân ând cook for â few minutes on eâch side without stirring so thât they cârâmelize ând pick up the browned bits left in the pân from the chicken ând butter. (NOTE: âdding â tiny pât of butter in with the lemons âlso helps prevent sticking ând promote browning.) Remove the lemons from the pân ând set âside.
- âssembly: Lâyer âll the ingredients bâck into the skillet – âspârâgus, chicken, ând lemon slices on top.