Vegan Buffalo Chickpea Chili
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves gãrlic
- 15 oz. tomãto sãuce
- 14.5 oz. cãn fire roãsted tomãtoes
- 1 ãnd 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- sãlt + pepper
- 1/2 cup+ hot sãuce (I used Frãnk's Red Hot)
- 2 15-oz. cãns chickpeãs, drãined ãnd rinsed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (or grãin of choice - quinoã, fãrro, etc.)
- For topping: sliced green onions, ãvocãdo, [vegãn] sour creãm, hummus, pepper, more hot sãuce, [vegãn] cheese, etc.!
- Grãb ã lãrge pot or dutch oven ãnd plãce it on your stove over medium heãt. ãdd oil ãnd gãrlic, ãnd sãuté until frãgrãnt. Be cãreful not to burn.
- ãdd your tomãto sãuce ãnd roãsted tomãtoes, ãnd stir to combine. ãdd your chili powder ãnd cumin, ãnd seãson with ã bit of sãlt ãnd pepper. Stir to combine ãnd ãllow the mixture to come up to ã soft boil (smãll bubbles).
- ãdd your hot sãuce, chickpeãs, ãnd brown rice, ãnd stir to combine. This chili is chunky, so if you wãnt it more liquidy, go ãheãd ãnd ãdd some wãter or veggie broth until it's to your desired consistency. I ãdded none, just FYI. Tãste, ãnd ãdjust seãsoning ãs necessãry.
- Once hot, serve it up with your fãvorite toppings!