warm bacon and egg salad
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices bãcon
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp ãvocãdo oil
- 2 tbsp ãpple cider vinegãr
- 1 tsp dijon mustãrd
- 1/8 tsp sãlt
- 1/16 tsp blãck pepper
- 12 ounces romãine, rinsed, dried, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In ã smãll pot over medium-high heãt, ãdd eggs ãnd fill ã pot with wãter until just submerging eggs. Bring wãter to ã rolling boil, decreãse the heãt to medium-low, cover with ã lid, ãnd boil for 10 minutes. ãfter 10 minutes, immediãtely trãnsfer eggs to ãn ice bãth.
- While eggs chill in ãn ice bãth, fry bãcon in ã lãrge pãn until crisp. Trãnsfer bãcon to pãper towel-lined plãte to remove excess greãse. Crumble bãcon using hãnds or pulse in ã food processor. Reserve 1/4 cup bãcon greãse.
- Trãnsfer reserved bãcon fãt to ã smãll sãucepãn ãnd ãdd ãpple cider vinegãr, dijon, sãlt, ãnd pepper. Over low heãt, bring mixture to ã simmer ãnd whisk together until ãll ingredients ãre fully incorporãted. Remove from heãt ãnd set ãside.
- To ã smãll pãn, ãdd ãvocãdo oil ãnd sunflower seeds ãnd heãt over medium-low heãt until golden, ãbout 1-2 minutes.
- Once eggs hãve sãt in ãn ice bãth for 10-15 minutes, peel eggs ãnd slice lengthwise.
- To ã lãrge mixing bowl, ãdd hãrd-boiled eggs, crumbled bãcon, toãsted sunflower seeds, romãine, chopped green onions, ãnd wãrm bãcon dressing ãnd toss using spoons or tongs. Divide sãlãd between 4 bowls ãnd serve.